Vector is looking for an experienced Software Architect to support our customers with the development of exciting new AUTOSAR software architectures for next-generation vehicles & machines.
Meet with customers to understand their technical needs and recommend solutions.
Help customers model and evaluate their software system architectures using PREEvision.
Work with the entire software development tool chain to ensure that software designs can be exported to other tools for simulation and code generation.
Provide consulting and coaching to customers as needed, independently or as part of a team. This includes travel to the customer's site, working directly with the customer teams and reporting on the projects.
Proactively liaison with global product line resources to meet customer expectations.
Plan, prepare, and conduct portions of, or complete, customer technical symposiums, technical presentations, and/or special tutorials demonstrating PREEvision solutions.
Troubleshoot customer issues with a sense of urgency and ownership. Conduct training classes at the Vector facility or onsite at customer
Proactively learn about new product features and technologies to better support our customers.
Excellent oral and written communication skills including presenting, listening, and facilitating skills to support sales activities and resolve technical issues.
Demonstrated proficiency with effective project management techniques and structured problem solving, including defining and planning requirements, setting and meeting deadlines, etc.
4+ years engineering application experience working with a broad range of customers.
Flexibility to travel to meet with customers, perform on-site installations, coaching, and other support, as necessary.
B.S. degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience at an OEM and/or supplier with the development of E/E
related architectures, software and/or HW components. Knowledge of AUTOSAR concepts and application.
Knowledge of CAN (CANbus), LlN (LINbus), Flex Ray, Ethernet and/or other embedded communications protocols.
- A core business in growing, exciting technologies.
- The atmosphere of a small company with the resources of a global organization with offices in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- A privately held enterprise: Our products and strategic direction are based on our customer's needs, not outside investment interests.
- An engineering company run by engineers. If you’re an engineer, we speak your language.
- An "open-door" environment: Communication with management is simple and direct, no rigid protocol to follow
- The work-life balance of our employees underlies everything we do at Vector: For instance, we request input on decisions that directly affect our employees, or promote social events open to all employees.
What We Can Offer:
Your work is our source code. Your passion and creativity is our success. You generate ideas and product innovations, and in return, we provide an attractive, high-tech working environment with a generous Total Rewards Program. For example, our employee benefit package and flextime environment have consistently ranked in one of the top 3 categories of our annual employee survey.We are an EEO employer.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!