Technical Training Manager
Vector is a global, continuously growing engineering company. For over a quarter of a century, we have been at the forefront of electronic innovations within the automotive industry and related sectors. Vector has over 2,000 employees at 24 locations worldwide, supporting manufacturers and suppliers with a professional platform of software and hardware tools, embedded software components, and services for developing embedded systems. Driven by our passion for technology, we develop solutions which relieve engineers of their demanding tasks. Our employees work on tomorrow’s electronic technologies every single day.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Technical Training Manager for our Novi officeto oversee and promote the company’s customer training capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact in the exciting, rapidly growing automotive electronics field by facilitating learning for our high-demand software products.
- Oversee and/ or delver customer training services and integrate resources for all U.S. locations to deliver an exceptional training experience.
- Partner with internal key stakeholders to deliver training of technical concepts in a meaningful and relatable manner.
- Collaborate with the training team at corporate headquarters to ensure consistency of quality implementation of all aspects of training.
- Partner closely with product line management on upcoming features and releases.
- Become an expert on software tool product use and integration to develop the authenticity to encourage training attendees to learn as much as possible.
- Oversee and/or create course-ware and exercises for classroom and workshop environments.
- Oversee or engage in the presales process for customer training and other Vector products as needed.
- Coach and mentor colleagues delivering training.
- Measure the impact of training programs to ensure alignment with corporate objectives and customer expectations.
- Monitor industry trends and impact to recommend enhancements or modifications.
- 5+ years customer training experience in software/electronics.
- Previous experience training within the IT industry or automotive industry is preferred.
- Experience managing a training department in a software company preferred.
- Knowledge of micro-controllers and embedded software is preferred.
- Excellent overall communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to quickly learn and teach new technologies and skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to facilitate co-operative relationships to secure necessary resources.
- Excellent organizational, program management, and curriculum development skills.
- A self-starter with a customer and a team focus.
- B.S. in a CE/EE/CIS or related field.
What we offer you:
- A core business in growing and exciting technologies.
- The atmosphere of a small company with the resources of a global organization with offices in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- A privately held enterprise: Our products and strategic direction are based on our customer's needs, not outside investment interests.
- An engineering company run by engineers. If you’re an engineer, we speak your language.
- An 'open-door' environment: Communication with management is simple and direct, no rigid protocol to follow.
- The work-life balance of our employees underlies everything we do at Vector: For instance, we request input on decisions that directly affect our employees, or promote social events open to all employees.
Your passion and creativity is our success! You generate ideas and results, and in return, we provide an attractive, high-tech working environment with a generous Total Rewards Program. For example, our employee benefit package and flextime environment have consistently ranked in one of the top 3 categories of our annual employee survey.
Vector offers an excellent total rewards package. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.